Eggplant is a very grateful vegetable, which can be prepared in countless ways. In this case, here is an ideal vegetarian recipe for children, some aubergines stuffed with rice and very healthy and juicy vegetables.
For this recipe you do not need complicated ingredients, it is an inexpensive but very complete dish. Prepare a meal easily and quickly, the aubergines are presented in a very original way that children will surely like.
- 4 aubergines
- 500 gr of rice
- 1 onion
- 250 gr of mushrooms
- 200 ml of fried tomato
- Olive oil
Gather the ingredients and follow our step by step for its preparation. An easy and very quick recipe to prepare.
1. Wash the aubergines well. Cut them in half lengthwise, and remove the pulp with the help of a knife. Reserve the emptied shells to present the dish.
2. Bring plenty of water to boil in a pot. Add the rice when the water starts to boil with a teaspoon of salt, let it cook for about 15 minutes.
3. Chop the onion very finely. Chop the pulp of the aubergine and mushrooms.
4. Add oil to a skillet over medium heat. Fry the onion until it is transparent, add the mushrooms and the eggplant and let it cook for a few minutes, until it softens and loses the water.
5. Drain the rice and add it to the skillet. Pour the fried tomato on top, add a little pepper and add salt if necessary. Let it all work together for a couple of minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200ºC
6. Pour the mixture into the eggplant skins to fill them. Place them on a baking sheet, one next to the other, and bake them for about 10 minutes at 200ºC. You can add some grated cheese to gratin on top before putting them in the oven.
See more recipes vegetarian recipes for children.
You can read more articles similar to Eggplant stuffed with rice and vegetables, vegetarian recipe, in the Vegetables category - vegetables on site.